Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Language teaching and learning, a new level!

As life goes on, you sometimes realise that you have achieved something almost withour noticing it.
tonight, I think was one of those occasions.
I am in Russia , in Kostroma working with the group of English teachers, which in itself is a dream come true.
After the teaching sessions I took a Bania, believe me it has to be experienced, again another wonderful experience in another culture, we were drinking beer and of course talking about the situation in the Crimea.
Ok, yet another experience, but then, I returned to the house and went back to work for an hour.
I rang my student Carmen who lives in Spain near to Granada, and we had a one hour lesson all spoken in Spanish, but I was teaching English, in other words I had to explain everything in Spanish whilst we practised our English work.

Incredible! How the world has changed, I am so unbelievably happy that all of the things I have been looking at are coming to fruition.
I knew that we could use this type of tool, but the fact that I am in Russia, living with a Russian family, teaching English in Spanish to a Doctor in Granada is mind blowing.

Brilliant!!!

And now we are looking at the Russian market, we have  2 or 3 students ready for a program. It's up to Olga and I now.


No comments: