Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My week

I am trying to get fit at the moment, going to the gym, cycling and on Saturday morning I competed in my 3rd. park run. This is a 5k race/run in a local park, Stewart's Park in Middlesbrough.
We have them all over the UK, all ages can compete and you can track your times and results through the use of a Bar code that you are issued when you register with Park Run.

It was absolutley 'chucking it down' ! I was completely soaked to the skin , when I finished and not surprisingly I had completed my worst time of 41.42.  But this has made me more determined  to do better in next weeks Park Run!

The cricket season is well under way now with England playing in a test match against New Zealand. Cricket is usually associated with summer!


Saturday night Christine and I went to Whitby on the train. We went to a 'Soul night' , this interestingly enough, is on the same night as the Eurovision Song Contest. A comment was made on the radio about how British music is and was much more influenced by American music than European.


THE BEST! SONG EVER WRITTEN 
PERFORMED BY
THE BEST GROUP IN THE WORLD!

I can honestly say that my own musical influences are from  Tamla Motown and Soul music and not from the Eurovision song contest!

Molly pretending to be a 'Leek' in my allotment.
I spent most of Sunday in my garden and as you can see I was helped by my dog Molly.
 [Molly is a Jack Russell]


No comments: