Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A sad week and a good week.

It is a sad week in the UK.
A young soldier was killed , whilst off duty in England.
The murderer was a crazed Extremist.
I feel for the soldier's family and friends.
Lee Rigby British soldier murdered in London.
LINK TO BBC Story.


On a happier note, I ran my second Park Run of this year and 'Smashed!' last week's time. It looks like the ' no pain, no gain' training regime is showing some profit.

When I am training in the gym, I usually listen to my i Pod.
I decided to put my i Pod on 'Shuffle' which means that it chooses random tracks and plays them one after another.
After about 20 minutes, I began to realise what the inside of my head must look like!
The first track was in Russian, the second in Spanish, then some classical music, then a track by the Rolling Stones, then some Northern Soul, then more Russian followed by some Italian!
Is there any wonder that I often say that ' my head is in a shed!

We have the Whit Bank Holiday this week and Abigail is off school. This means lots of spending money and shopping!
It's also a good week for gardening! We have had a couple of lovely days and my leeks are coming on great!

The football season is finally over with a German team , Bayern Munich winning the Champion's league. 
At least one German team lost at Wembley!!
Crystal Palace won the biggest prize in British football by beating Watford in the Championship Play Off final and acquiring a place in the Premiership. 
Here's hoping my team Middlesbrough can do better next season!



No comments: