Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Procrastination



The thing about writing is always putting it off.
I love writing my Blog, it is also very useful for our students of course.

So I am going to write what is in my head, just as suggested. first of all my head is full of cogs at the moment.
Why? Well , I am trying to link together what is going on n my career and what I am supposed to be doing.
For example, I have visited a Creative Writing class today and I am trying to explain how to create a Community of Creative Writers in Middlesbrough.
as my friends from France told me last week un ' l'Atelier D'écriture'  I love it!


As soon as I start to think in French , the text has changed to italics, that's a bit weird!

Anyway back to the cogs.it must be the way I think, I know  am a visual learner, I can see the cogs working together.
For example take the Art programme.

 I couldn't see how we could work together with such diverse partners. But now I see the cogs running together, Nunthorpe Academy offering beginners classes and traditional classes and courses, Cleveland Art College offering starter or 'get Into' classes with experts in their field in an establishment that is very well respected, TS1 Artists offering professional courses such as the recent Jewellery course, Self organised groups such as 'aim 4 art ' or the 'Lakeside artists group' offering the more experienced artist the opportunity to work with their peers. 

I can see my role, I am the OIL in the system, I need to lubricate the mechanics, I need to make the partnerships.
I can see it very clearly with Café Pierre and the Language programme, but other curriculum are more complicated. I can see the cogs now with sport, 

Anyway, lots of food for thought here!




No comments: