Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Reading my secret passion!

Over the years I have tried to make a list of my favourite books.
The last time I mentioned this project was April 2013.
 50 Books to read before you die.

Over the next couple of weeks, I may have a little 'waiting time' on my hands as I am summoned for Jury service for the second time!

That will be another post or more I am sure!



Yesterday I had chance to visit what is probably the most important place of my childhood.

It is a place that I constantly revisit and a place that I can, or could certainly in the past, reflect, ponder and maybe dream?

This place in the Reference Library in Middlesbrough.

Reluctantly! I heard a couple of guys in raised voices announce as they entered my Cathedral of Literature.
They were clearly discussing the fact that they had to attend some course or other, mandated as the Job Centre describes the process.

If I had to chose two words that were the complete opposite of my experience with my wonderful library it would be these two words, reluctantly and mandated.

This pair of complete morons actually got under my skin the way they treat the place with such disrespect, they don't have a clue what magic there is in this wonderful building.

My most recent read was Gulliver's Travels by Johnathon Swift, if only I could write such a modern day satire on today's society, the characters would be as bizarre as those in Lilliput!
































No comments: