Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Golf is a good walk spoiled !

This famous quote from Mark Twain is ringing in my ear as I am aching all over from yesterday's game at the Cleveland Golf Club in Redcar.

But! What is it about this game that can get you so addicted?
I am already looking forward to my next game, next week.

Next year, I am hoping to play with my old pals at Battersby Putters Golf Society and I am going to need the practice!

No problem! I only need to work on my Tee shots, using the driver, fairway shots, chips, short game and of course the dreaded putting!

The old excuses come out, I haven't played for 3 months [true, the last game I had was in the unbelievable surroundings of Bonville near Coff's Harbour in Queensland, Australia.]

A slightly different experience and climate to that of Redcar in December, it has to be said!

I am not used to the clubs, [true! I was using a new set of clubs given to Abigail].

It's a new course, [This is also true, I have never played at the Cleveland Golf , a links course.]
The only links courses I have played were near Dunbar in Scotland, more than 15 years ago!

Yet you know it will be worth the pain when you see guys of my age and much older, as fit as lops and flying around the course.

Things can only get better!

No comments: