Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Шувалово

Шувалово 

Shovalova 
Monday 13th May, I continued my tour of Russia and Kostroma Oblast with a visit to 

Шувалово


I was invited by my colleague Irena to visit her school where she works as an English tutor, although she is retired , she spends 3 days a week working here with the students. 
A relatively small school, with around 200 students, I was delighted to be invited and have a tour of the school and talk with the students.
200 miles north of Moscow and  a 1 hour drive from Kostroma. I was delighted with the scenary on the way, with memories of home being re-ignited by the green fields and even some hills.

 The school has its own museum and as it was not long after the 9th May. the exhibits were concentrated on the Great Patriotic war and local heros and former pupils of the school.



 
 A room for local exhibits was fascinating and many artifacts from the farming community were very well looked after and proudly shown to me.

The girls gave a wonderful interpretation of an Irish dance. Well done, It was great!
So dainty and light on your feet!






 The school has a proud sporting history and a link with Ice hockey coached by a former international .
Here is our headmistress with a section of cups and awards.







No comments: