Friday, August 31, 2018

Saturday 25th August- Park Run

Park run " Elagin Island'.
This was one of the main reasons for coming to Russia via Saint Petersburg.
Park Run has become a phenomenon. I was asked if I was a Park Run tourist , I suppose I am really. After running my first Park Run in Russia in April 2018, in the very famous Gorky Park, I am blown away with the hospitality and friendliness of Park runners around the world.
We arrived at Elagin Island in reasonably good time, to see that everyone was wearing a party hat. Nothing new there, there is always a celebration to be celebrated with cake at a Park Run!
Anyway it was their 4th birthday.
As I walked through the gate, I stopped in y tracks as a red squirrel ran in front of me.
Olga my colleague was a little surprised at how excited I was. I guess she didn't realise that red squirrels are as rare as the proverbial Rocking Horse Shxx in the UK.


As usual we had a piece of cake and a cup of tea after the Park run.
Well some things are meant to happen, I guess. 
I was offered a job , to start as soon as possible with the Foreign Language team at one of the City's Universities. Watch this space, You never know. It could only happen at a Park Run!

In the evening we went on a canal cruise also on the Neva.




No comments: