Friday, August 31, 2018

Saturday 25th August- The Hermitage

The Hermitage, it is so famous, it hardly needs any introduction. Yet, I didn't know what to expect. After having visited the i Ufizi in Florence in 2016, I couldn't imagine anything to compare to this marvel of an institution.

Where on earth do you start?
I have been writing a lot recently, especially poetry related to Art with Andy Willoughby and his brilliant Ekphrasis courses at the University of Teesside.
I was hoping to leave St Petersburg with some more inspiration,and after this visit and the following visit to the Modern Art museum. I was not disappointed. Here are but a few of the masterpieces. Of course just as in any gallery, it is impossible to take it all in. But any advice? Yes book online as we did. Not a queue in sight!






No comments: