Friday, June 14, 2013

Exam week and Поехали!

Michael Gove promises challenging exam changes. BBC Link
Poor Abigail and year 10 and 11 have been revising and studying for their GCSE exams. I feel for her when you consider that she is only 14 years old!
I myself have also had my final GCSE Italian exam and I really admire all students young  and old who are currently swotting, cramming and generally stressing out!
And yet again the government are saying that the exams are too easy!

Yuri Gagarin
Поехали!

A very beautiful quote by one of my childhood heroes came to my attention today in my U3a Russian class.
Облетев Землю в корабле-спутнике, я увидел, как прекрасна наша планета. Люди, будем хранить и приумножать эту красоту, а не разрушать её!
  • Orbiting Earth in the spaceship, I saw how beautiful our planet is. People, let us preserve and increase this beauty, not destroy it!        
Thought provoking!      This then reminded me of the moon landing conspiracy theories and political rumours.'Allegedly' Gagarin was asked by the Russian leader, Nikita Khrushchev  'Did you see God?Yuri Gagarin was reported to have said,' Yes I did'. he was then ordered no to tell anyone.

At a time when we are apparently all under surveillance,

Jason Bourne

 I have decided to watch the excellent 'Bourne Identity' and the trilogy of films, 'Bourne Supremacy and 'Bourne Ultimatum'.
Goodness knows, my childhood world of 'George Orwell's Big Brother' and Space travel is now reality.Or is it all a conspiracy?
And maybe Sir Richard Branson works for the CIA? 


Beam me up Scotty!

No comments: