Friday, June 14, 2013

A fishing week with ducks everywhere!

Me at the middlesbrough 5k.
      MIDDLESBROUGH 5K RUN
Beaten by a duck!!
I was beaten by a Duck! But it is the taking part that is important, after all!! At least I achieved my PB!
It has been a week of Ducks and fishing.
If you compare the two photographs, I would suggest that the duck looks a lot healthier than I !
However, it is a long journey to full fitness at my age!!
But we are on the way.
Mallard duckling
The whole point of going fishing is to be outdoors and see all sorts of wildlife such as this gorgeous little Mallard Duckling!
The fishing season has started with a really good day ,my friend and colleague Mark and I had a great day catching lots of fish!
It helps when you are catching superb Carp, such as this specimen.
Happy as a lark! 
Prince Philip is in the news again this week, when asked how he was, the Queen simply answered, "I don't know yet he has just gone into hospital ". BBC Link
Another interesting Royal story this week is that our future King William has DNA links in India.


Prince Phillip the Duke of |Edinburgh

Possibly the most famous statesman of my lifetime is also in the news, Nelson Mandela is very ill at the moment and of course this is a major headline in the UK this week.
NEWS LINK



No comments: