Friday, April 05, 2013

50 books to read .

Time to reflect on my reading again.
I have been reading some Russian novels. I have joined a reading group in Guisborough, which is for Russian literature.
We have read books about Catherine the Great, a really good story called 'the Concert Ticket' the writer is called Olga Grushin,  which reflects the times in Soviet Russia when people queued for anything and everything.
Fascinating!
Recently I have read some poetry by Ann Akhmatova, this was translated into English, I would prefer to understand her work in its original language Russian, maybe one day!
I have also read the last book written by Solzhenitsin 'Apricot Jam'.

At the moment I am reading a book called 'Happiness is Possible' . This is written by, Oleg Zaionchkovsky and is about life in Moscow.
Report to come!



No comments: