Monday, August 26, 2019

Edinburgh 1 and 2

My first trip to Scotland this year was to get my visa sorted , but it is the Edinburgh Fringe and I couldn't resist a trip to the theatre! the fringe is something special with an atmosphere unrivalled in any place I have ever visited. Singers, jugglers, fire eaters and acrobats all performing to the backdrop of the sound of bagpipes and this wonderful cosmopolitan city.


Here in the Grass market, a new area of discovery for me, a street artist performs another crazy feat of wonder.




Characters from around the world wander around this amazing city only a 3 hour train journey away from home in North Yorkshire. the Edinburgh fringe is an essential visit to make if you are visiting the UK in the summer. The whole of August sees the city invaded by students and tourists, all having fun and witnesing some of the most innovative and creative music, theatre and art. Along with the Edinburgh tattoo, the military musical and marching phenomenon.


On my second visit to Edinburgh in August 2019, I managed also to explore the city a little more, it is the only way to do it, little by little.
 Bobby of Greyfriars is a famous strory of a loyal little dog, a Skye terrier who guarded his owner's grave for 14 years until he died himself, he is fondly remembered with a statue and a grave for him in the grounds of historic Greyfriers cemetery.

 The festival is spread across the centre of the city and farther afield. There are random stages with excellent  acts available free and hundreds of shows, so plan in advance the choice is unbelievable.
I'll be back next year for sure, I will try to spend a couple of days at least,if I can find a hotel room!


No comments: